Those who know me know that I love breakfast. I love going out for breakfast, I love making breakfast and I especially love eating breakfast. Protein such as eggs are always a staple part of breakfast, and I am happy to share one of my favourite egg recipes.
This is a great vegetarian recipe, which is always gluten free and leaves you feeling full as satisfied. This recipe will feed two people, or one very hungry person. It always works as leftovers that you can warm up on the microwave the next day – perfect for busy mornings before work!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 green chilli
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Tsp olive oil
1. Slice the button mushrooms and set aside. Mince garlic and chop fresh herbs. Finely dice the chilli.
2. On a pan set to medium heat, add oil and allow it to heat up slightly. Add the mushrooms, garlic and parsley and sauté for a few minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
3. Add the spinach leaves to mushroom mix and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. While the vegetables ar cooking, whisk the eggs together with the milk in a small bowl.
5. Move the vegetables to one side of the pan. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, ensuring that it evenly covers the entire surface of the pan. Sprinkle chopped coriander over the surface of the egg mixture.
6. After 3 minutes of cooking, flip the side of the egg mixture without the vegetables to cover the vegetable side. Cook for one more minute then turn heat off.
7. Cut omelette in half. Serve up omelette still warm and garnish with coriander and chillies. Can also be served with toast.
I served mine with a delicious pot of green tea – a perfect healthy companion to this breakfast! I was also lucky that it was a beautiful spring Saturday when I made this omelette so I could sit outside and enjoy it!
Have you tried this recipe? Do you have a similar omelette recipe? Share your thoughts and links in the comments section!
Bye for now,
All opinions in this post are my own. Unless otherwise stated, this post has not been sponsored and I have not been paid for this post
See you in the Social Media Atmosphere: