It feels like summer has finally hit us here down under! The last few weeks have had cool mornings and average days. There’s been rain and storms almost every afternoon for the past 3 weeks, making a trip to the pool or river the last thing on everyone’s mind.
One thing that doesn’t depend on the whether is having delicious smoothies. There’s some that would remind you of summer. Most people would say mango is one of these summer flavours. Unfortunately in am one of very few people who really dislikes mango.
You’re probably thinking “how can someone not like mango?” Well, I don’t like the smell and the texture gives me chills – the bad kind! Plus the taste just grosses me out. So you will see that there will never be mangoes in any of my recipes!
One fruit that is a definite summer fruit for me is pineapple. It’s so refreshing and can be used in a variety of ways. I’ve used it for all kinds of meals and I continue to find new recipes to use pineapple in. One of the quickest, easiest and one of my most commonly used ways to use pineapple is in a smoothie!
- 1 cup diced frozen pineapple
- 1 banana, cut into pieces and frozen
- 200ml coconut milk (about half a can)
- 1 cup soy milk
1. Chop up pineapple and banana. If you are going to make this recipe latr, then freeze fruit in a ziplock bag.
2. Add fruit to blender. Add milks. If using fresh fruit, add a few cubes of ice.
3. Blend to your desired consistency. Fill a glass with smoothie. Add a slice of pineapple to the edge of the glass, put in a straw, then sit back and enjoy!